Avenues' award-winning Young People's Service
Avenues provide short break services to a range of people with a range of complex needs, often dual diagnosis and challenging behaviours. We work with young people aged from 10 to 19 with:
- Learning disabilities
- Complex and challenging behaviours
- Physical disabilities
Also, vitally, we offer support to their loved ones/carers. Our aim is to build confidence, independence and reduce social isolation.
What does the service offer?
Our support can help with:
- Personal care
- Leisure activities such as sport, shopping or going to the cinema
- Behaviour management
- Life skills to build independence
- Transition support into adulthood
- Meeting other young people who like to do the same things
Avenues offer dedicated short break support 24/7 dependent on your needs, this may include during, or outside school hours, school holidays, weekends, evenings and even overnight.
Best trained and retained employees
We could not deliver our award-winning service without high quality trained employees.
All our Support Workers have:
- Completed an intensive induction programme based on the Children's Workforce Development Council Induction Standards
- Disclosure and Barring Service Check including vulnerable groups and children check
- Specialist training in Alternative Methods of Communication and Positive Behavioural Support
- NSPCC Child Protection Awareness Programme training
- Avenues Autism Awareness training
A familar face to young people and their families is key!
You will be assigned a team of Support Workers depending on how much support you require.
Avenues is strongly committed to employee development and teamwork, continually improving to meet the needs of the young people we support and help them to live more fulfilled lives.